It’s that time again, WordCamp San José in beautiful Costa Rica kicks off November 4th and 5th at Fidelitas University. It is believed that more than 500 people will be in attendance; are you one of them this year?
Not only is GreenGeeks a “Diamond Galaxies” supporter, but our own Ericka, Marco, Rita, and one of our newest additions, Alex will be in attendance. So, feel free to stop by and say hi while checking out all of the awesome things happening at this year’s WordCamp.
What to Expect from WordCamp San José in 2023
This year, there are a ton of great talks to attend. Everything from developing WordPress to personal growth is available, and it might be a bit difficult to pick and choose which ones to attend in person.
So, what kind of talks can you expect to see this year?
- WordPress 101
Obviously, I’ll have to start with learning the basics of WordPress and how to maximize its use. Our very own Marco Berrocal covers everything you’ll need to get started immediately.
- How to Create Custom Gutenberg Blocks with Advance Custom Fields Pro
Customizing blocks can help you get the most out of your content in WordPress, and Hannss Muller Oliveros will show you how to do it without a great deal of coding knowledge.
- SEO 101: Join the Ranks of the Best
Search engine optimization plays a vital role in the success of your website. Especially after Google rolled out the “helpful content” update. In this talk, Mariano Rivera explains the ins and outs of SEO while using the Rank Math plugin.
- How a Podcast Can Increase Your Web Traffic and Generate Leads
Podcasts are still a widely popular form of content. In this talk, Mariana Salas Ruiz goes over the many elements of creating a successful podcast while demonstrating a good distribution strategy to grow your audience.
- 8 Gaps That Limit Your Growth and How to Overcome Them
In this session, Luis Bova shows you how to recognize the issues that hold you back. By identifying these eight gaps, you’ll have greater clarity to help develop your own personal growth plan.
These are just some of the amazing talks going on in San José this weekend. There are simply too many to list here, but I assure you, there is something for just about everyone, whether you’re a novice or an expert at using WordPress.
Unfortunately, some of the talks overlap, so you need to pick and choose if you attend in person. Nonetheless, you might be able to catch some of the talks you missed at WordPress.tv.
Things to Do While Visiting San José, Costa Rica
Costa Rica is among the shining jewels of South America, and it has a great deal of history. While you’re attending the WordCamp, make sure you absorb as much of San José as possible.
For instance, you could find time to:
- Visit the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum. It has an amazing assortment of thousands of crafts that pre-date the Columbian era dating back to more than a thousand years ago.
- Get a bite to eat. Looking for some fresh food while immersing yourself in the culture? Visit the Central Market and explore the collection of stalls and restaurants that span the location.
- Visit Costa Rica’s Craft Brewing Co, the first microbrewery in the country that spearheaded the craft beer movement. This location has a “Brewpub” and restaurant at the back end of the facility.
Here’s to an Incredible Weekend in Costa Rica!
The two-day WordCamp event in Costa Rica is sure to be another smashing success. I just hope everyone has a great time while some of us are stuck in the Rockies under five inches of snow.
Have a great camp and don’t forget to stop by and say hi to our GreenGeeks members: Ericka, Marco, Rita, and Alex. They’d love to see you there!
I’d like to take this time to thank the organizers, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, and patrons who make camps like this one in San José, Costa Rica a success. You’re the reason why WordPress has one of the greatest communities on the planet.